Before you can efficeintly save money on your eletric bill, you first need to understand what consumes the most energy.
This is all dependant on where you live and how much you're paying per month.
According to the EIA average price of electricity costs vary greatly across the country.
Here’s what uses the most energy in your home:
- Cooling and heating: Average cost per year $662 (47% of usage)
- Water heater: $317 per year (14% of usage)
- Washer and dryer: $143 per year (13% of usage)
- Lighting: $168 per year (12% of usage)
- Refrigerator: $95 (4% of usage)
- Electric oven: $90 per year (3-4% of usage)
- TV, DVD, cable box: $57 per year (3% of usage)
- Dishwasher: $49 per year (2% of usage)
- Computer: $28 per year (1% of usage)